Step Up in Surprise
On Saturday, Oct 9th, 2021 we made history in the City of Surprise. We held our first annual Step Up in Surprise. We welcome you to attend in 2022!
This is an annual event for Vets to come out and receive free services and opportunities.
The Annual VetLink Foundation Step Up in Surprise is an event designed to provide homeless veterans and all veterans the support they need for better employment, housing, health, and overall lifestyle. This event welcomes all veterans and their dependents. We will have service providers in the following categories to meet the needs of every veteran regardless of housing or employment status:
- Health Screenings/Examinations
- Mobile On-Site Mammography – Appointment needed!
- Prostate screening via an org call Prostate on-site Project (POP) – No appointment needed
- Housing/Shelter Referral
- Mental Health Services
- DOL Employment & Job Training Assistance
- Veterans Benefits Counseling
- Social & Community Services
- Legal Advice & Services
- Personal Care/Hygiene Items or Kits
- Food & Music
- Military Attractions
We rebranded our Stand Down name for Step Up to highlight the caliber of support this event will provide to all veterans in the west valley, especially homeless veterans. Our goal is to make this event meaningful and memorable for our veterans. We have secured service organizations in the following categories to meet the needs of our veterans in the west valley.